Find updated information on BRF. Look at annual reports to see how we’ve progressed and read press releases to get the latest on what we’re doing. We want to show you our success because we’re here to create a better community for you.
Current Report Highlights
- BRF has brought the University Health System to financial stability and to new levels of quality and service. Now that this has been done, the two hospitals in Shreveport and Monroe have transitioned to a new entity, Ochsner LSU Health System of North Louisiana, which is jointly owned by Ochsner Health System and LSU.
- InterTech Science Park provided services for 25 tenants that employee more than 3,100 individuals and have a total annual payroll of nearly $177 million.
- The Entrepreneurial Accelerator Program (EAP) celebrated four years of successful operation and startup growth milestones. The program has now screened 624 ideas or companies, provided services to 210 startup companies, and facilitated $64 million in capital for these businesses. EAP startup companies have created 121 new jobs and have a total annual payroll of more than $6 million.
- The Office for Research Development and Administration (ORDA) initiated clinical trials in cancer and depression with North Louisiana community physicians and provided proof-of-concept funding for five North Louisiana researchers in the areas of Neuroscience/Neuroengineering, Neuroinformatics and Aging.
- The Center for Molecular Imaging and Therapy (CMIT) kicked off a three-phase campaign to raise funds and execute a vision for an expanded research program, increased healthcare access and new economic initiatives related to research in Northwest Louisiana. In addition to its continued manufacturing of radiopharmaceuticals, CMIT conducted more than 1,900 PET scans during the fiscal year.
- Sixty accredited angel investors raised more than $3 million to create the New Louisiana Angel Fund 2 (NLAF2), North Louisiana’s second angel investment fund. The fund has generated $4.4 million in capital with its first two portfolio companies.
- The Digital Media Institute at InterTech (DMII) hit new records for enrollment and expanded its summer camp programs. Trained with the skills of tomorrow, DMII students are joining the regional workforce through job placements and internships.
Sign up to join the BRF news list to get BRF news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Lend Your Support
BRF helps young companies and ideas, transforming them into prosperous entities that better the future of our region.
Diversify and grow our region’s economy.
Operate as a catalyst to expand and develop research, entrepreneurship and high-growth businesses in our region.
Innovation. Collaboration. Problem Solving. Bold Action.