Find updated information on BRF. Look at annual reports to see how we’ve progressed and read press releases to get the latest on what we’re doing. We want to show you our success because we’re here to create a better community for you.
Current Report Highlights
- An impact study on University Health System determined it is the largest of all the State’s private partner hospitals, contributing a positive boost of $900 million to the State as well as locally producing $1 billion in new sales, a $400 million boost in household earnings, an average of 2,818 jobs per year, and $18 million to government treasuries from tax collections in the region.
- InterTech Science Park provided services for 30 tenants who employ almost 3,000 individuals with a total annual payroll of $156,412,000. Other BRF-managed facilities include University Health Conway with 713 employees and Southern Isotopes Baton Rouge with four employees.
- The Entrepreneurial Accelerator Program (EAP) screened more than 440 companies and ideas to discuss business plans, growth potential and interest in launching in Northwest Louisiana. EAP aided in the generation of 103 jobs associated with EAP startup companies.
- Future State grew the local technology workforce over 10 percent, with 119 jobs.
- The Office for Research Development and Administration (ORDA) funded three proof-of-concept proposals submitted by investigators at LSU Health Shreveport, Louisiana Tech University and University of Louisiana at Monroe through ORDA’s seed funding program in the areas of Neuroscience, Neuroengineering and Aging.
- The Center for Molecular Imaging and Therapy (CMIT) significantly increased volumes for clinical PET scans year-over-year and manufactured research radiopharmaceutical doses at 150 percent of the previous year’s volume. CMIT also initiated a new clinical trial focused on PET scanning of Alzheimer’s disease patients under the multicenter IDEAS clinical trial led by the Alzheimer’s Association and the Society of Nuclear Medicine.
- The New Louisiana Angel Fund 1 (NLAF 1) committed $2.2 million of $2.6 million raised from 53 accredited investors for investment in North Louisiana-based high-growth startups.
- The Digital Media Institute at Intertech (DMII) became nationally accredited and authorized to accept federal financial student aid.
Sign up to join the BRF news list to get BRF news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Lend Your Support
BRF helps young companies and ideas, transforming them into prosperous entities that better the future of our region.
Diversify and grow our region’s economy.
Operate as a catalyst to expand and develop research, entrepreneurship and high-growth businesses in our region.
Innovation. Collaboration. Problem Solving. Bold Action.